Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Staying On Track

Vacations have typically been times of mixed blessing for me. Although it's always fun to get away from my normal routine and surroundings and experience new environs and meet new people, I've struggled with keeping myself consciously centered in God and led by his Spirit. Instead of coming back enriched and refreshed, I've found myself feeling the need to re-engage in my regular spiritual disciplines and work through some regrets at having allowed myself to stray in my devotion to stay connected to the Spirit.

Today, on the morning of the 4th day of our Boise, Idaho Adventure, I'm feeling blessed and centered in God. I am excited about what God is doing and has in store and am staying faithful to Bible reading and prayer. I also, though tempted, have not given in to my desire to drink. My spirit is in listening mode and excited about what God will reveal and what doors might open to us in preparation for our eventual move to this area. Bless the Lord, oh my soul!

No comments: